Thursday, April 21, 2011

Increasing Blog Viewers

I have chosen two new ways to get my blog more exposure.  I linked my blog to facebook, I felt that with the shear magnitude of people that visit the website, surely to goodness someone will visit my blog.   The second strategy I initiated was ping-o-matic, which hopefully solved my only peeve, which was when I searched with Google.com my blog would not be in the search results.

So far through google analytics I have a total of 40 views with the average session time of 2min 30 secs.  I will keep you up to date and we will see which way is the best to get the viewers.

The disseminating information through a blog and twitter is going to be very useful.  I have created a blog rcpstech.blogspot.com that I am trying to populate with as many how-to's as I can possible do. In the past information was sent to the teacher either through email or newsletter, by using a blog the teachers can revisit the information as often as they wish.  Also they can search the blog for articles that they might have missed. Also I have put entered information that I deem necessary for me to remember for my job, it is like a notebook of past experience.

Followup:
Just so my readers know ping-o-matic and facebook really increases your exposure.  My viewer percentage is up 1050%  in the last two weeks, the average page time length is 3 minutes these stats are from google analytics.

Thanks to all that viewed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment